Thursday, June 12, 2008

Starro the Conqueror....hiding among us???

Many of you may be familiar with my fascination for the DC supervillain/monster Starro The Conqueror.

Well, much to my delight, I was able to add this wonderful new species to my collection of echinoderm oddities.


Interestingly, Starro has a carinal row on each arm and five primary spines the way many oreasterid starfish do.

And with the arm shape and distinct spine pattern..could Starro the Conqueror be among us? Disguised as....

Poraster superbus???

3 comments:

Devon Sanders said...

Where's the little target thing in the middle for Green Arrow to shoot at?

ChrisM said...

Superman hides as Clark Kent with glasses.

Starro hides by just lying down naturally. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh ... my .. stars.

You're saying that researchers have discovered Starro in Madagascar!

Alert the Justice Leage!